Growing a Small Business
As a small business owner, you know how difficult it can be to build your business. Growing a small business is necessary but is also costly and timely.
Even on a shoestring budget, you can find ways to grow your business.
Tips for Growing Small Business
- Always carry business cards. When you love what you do, your business or industry will naturally come up in conversations. Naturally, having a business card to hand someone is a great way to exchange information when the opportunity arises.
- Network. You probably know a lot of people. And they know a lot of people. And those people know a lot of people. You get where I am going with this. The people you know will trust you and can share your name with people that might be interested in working with you. So, professional networking is another way to meet people and refer clients to one another.
- Take advantage of free content. Blogging, social media, newsletters…all of these services are free if you write the content yourself. It builds rapport and a provides a platform for you to engage with customers. That’s how they get to know you and your services.
- Offer an incentive or discount. If you are trying to gain new clients quickly, offering discounts, giveaways or free trials is a great way to gain leads and drive conversions. If they feel like they have nothing to lose, they will be more likely to purchase or work with you.
- Partner with local businesses. Working with a business that compliments yours is a great way to expand your reach. Make a list of business in the area you think you could work with. Consider if there are any referral programs you could do, or bundled packages/discounts for customers. Be creative. When marketing the deals in email or social media, be sure to tag the other business and encourage them to do the same.
You wear many hats as a small business owner. If you want to leave your marketing and social media efforts to an expert and free up your time, contact me to see how we can help.
And be on the lookout for upcoming FREE workshops from Uphill Marketing Group. We love growing a small business.