Marketing and Social Ideas for July
Summer is here! Just letting you know in case the 90+ degree days and afternoon storms didn’t make that obvious.
Reports have been showing that people are spending more time online, including social media. Some people and businesses may have slowed down. You can pick things up when it comes to your digital strategy and social media efforts.
If you need marketing and social ideas this month, here are the random (and not-so-random) holidays coming up in the month of July.
Holidays in July
The entire month of July is considered National Ice Cream month. Could there be anything better? Engage your followers by asking them to share their favorite flavor or making them choose between 2 popular flavors (they can only pick one!) Share your favorite local ice cream shops and be sure to tag them. Or, ask followers to share their favorite local ice cream spot. Consider having an ice cream social at work one day. You can buy individual cones to help adhere to guidelines.
July 4th is a big holiday and a great opportunity to create content. Even a simple post wishing everyone a Happy 4th will work. Other ideas could include sharing a historic fact about the holiday, posting a picture of how you or your family are celebrating, sharing details on local events taking place.
July 15th is Give Something Away Day. What can you give to customers? Can you make it fun with a contest? Ask followers to like, comment or share a post to be randomly selected to win something. Consider offering a promotion during the month, offering an incentive to give people if they make a purchase, sign up, or sign a contract.
July 16th is Get to Know Your Customers Day. Consider asking them to share their experience with your business. This can be a great way to get testimonials and for others to see that working with your company is a wonderful experience!
- July 2 – World UFO Day #WorldUFODay
- July 4 – Independence Day #July4th
- July 7 – World Chocolate Day #WorldChocolateDay
- July 11 – Cheer Up the Lonely Day #CheerUpTheLonelyDay
- July 12 – Malala Day #MalalaDay
- July 12 – National Simplicity Day – #NationalSimplicityDay
- July 15 – Give Something Away Day #GiveSomethingAwayDay
- July 16 – Get to Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- July 17 – World Emoji Day #WorldEmojiDay
- July 18 – Nelson Mandela International Day #MandelaDay
- July 30 – International Day of Friendship #DayOfFriendship
Enjoy your July and let us know if there are other marketing and social ideas we can help with!