Social Media Ideas for August
I thought I would start this social media ideas for August article with something that will surely make you laugh. August is National Immunization Awareness Month. I’ll let that sink in. How ironic is that? But on a serious note, let’s all hope August can hold up its end of the bargain here and we end up discovering the cure for Covid-19 this month. Maybe if we all cross our fingers and toes real tight that might help too?
From my experience managing social media accounts, I have found one thing to be absolutely true: people love to talk about themselves. I mean it! Ask questions, get them to open up or share a story and they will. Even more so, they love to share photos of their kids and their pets. Fortunately for you, this month has an International Cat Day and National Dog Day. This is the purr-fect time for you to encourage your followers to share photos of their pets. You will be amazed at how many people will do this.
With National Tell a Joke Day approaching, encourage followers to share their favorite (PG) joke. Plus, we all could use a good laugh these days.
Did you happen to catch my free workshop last month, Put Your Spin on Social? We dove into this topic even further. I provided multiple ideas and tips to give your social media it’s own voice and stand apart from everyone else out there. Did you know that every month, I’ve been delivering a free talk, relevant to you and your business? Be on the lookout for what’s to come by following my social media accounts and subscribing to my newsletter.
- August 1 – Respect for Parents Day #RespectForParentsDay
- August 2 – National Coloring Book Day #NationalColoringBookDay
- August 8 – International Cat Day #InternationalCatDay
- August 9 – National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
- August 11 – National Sons and Daughters Day #SonsAndDaughtersDay
- August 12 – International Youth Day #YouthDay
- August 12 – World Elephant Day #WorldElephantDay
- August 13 – International Lefthanders Day #LefthandersDay
- August 15 – National Relaxation Day #NationalRelaxationDay
- August 16 – National Tell a Joke Day #NationalTellAJokeDay
- August 19 – World Photo Day #WorldPhotoDay
- August 19 – World Humanitarian Day #WorldHumanitarianDay
- August 20 – National Lemonade Day #NationalLemonadeDay
- August 26 – National Dog Day #NationalDogDay
- August 26 – National Women’s Equality Day #WomensEqualityDay